Interested in Security Automation & Orchestration? Here’s a short, but informative Top 10 look back & forward on Phantom and Security Automation & Orchestration.
- In one of the earlier stories from 2015, Maria Korolov of CSO Online did her own Top 10 for automated response companies that can help contain a breach. It’s a great survey of the market and players.
- Are you attending RSA in 2016? Be sure to join us for free food & drinks from 8 – 10 on Monday, February 29th at Jillian’s. You can pre-register here. If you miss the party, stop by Booth 2621 in the South Hall to say hello and see a demo.
- Jeremy Seth Davis of SC Magazine wrote a great article from an end user perspective that outlines one CISO’s plan to “fix everything” as a remediation strategy.
- While not strictly open source, Phantom is extensible. Phantom Apps allow you to create connectors to in-house or more obscure security technologies and expose their APIs back to the platform. Phantom Apps are Python modules, allowing anyone to expand the platform and contribute Apps to the Phantom App store. Similarly, Phantom Playbooks are also written in Python and can be customized at will. Playbooks are synchronized via Git and published on our public GitHub repository. Register for our Free Community Edition to get started.
- Jon Oltsik’s coverage of Security Automation & Orchestration is a prolific with several great articles to to his credit at Network World including Cybersecurity Lessons Learned from the 9/11 Commission Report, A Call for Open Cybersecurity Middleware, The Network’s Role as a Security Sensor and Policy Enforcer, Incident Response: More Art than Science, Malware? Cyber-crime? Call the ICOPs!, and others.
- Are you already using Phantom? Have you attended one of our Tech Sessions? Join a live webinar to learn more about Phantom, Playbooks, Apps and the Community. We leave 15 minutes at the end of the session for live Q&A.
- Though the article was primarily focused on our Series A investment, Danny Yadron’s coverage in the Wall St. Journal included a good perspective on the problem addressed by Security Automation & Orchestration.
- Are you attending FS-ISAC in May? Join us to hear how financial services firms like Blackstone are adopting Phantom for Security Automation & Orchestration. Learn how new techniques are helping existing security tools work better together and automatically respond to breaches. Security Automation & Orchestration can lead to significant improvements in Time to Detection and Time to Remediation. Gain a better understanding of how technology innovations are changing the way security teams manage risk.
- An in-depth article on the Security skills shortage by Kathleen Richard of Information Security presents Security Automation & Orchestration as a solution to help address this challenge.
- No doubt, 2016 will be an exciting year for Security Automation & Orchestration. Follow us on Twitter and be the first to hear Phantom news as it unfolds in 2016.
VP, Products & Marketing
Phantom automates enterprise security operations. In the face of problematic trends including the dramatic increase and volume of attacks, severe shortages in qualified personnel, growth in the diversity and complexity of IT security environments and unforgiving consumers, investors and regulators holding management to task for breaches, Phantom arms security operations with the automation and orchestration solutions that ready them to defend their company’s business.
Visit TryPhantom.com to register for Phantom Community Edition, a free version of Phantom.